Thursday, March 31, 2011

Well, as I have said, I have been feeling like junk lately.  Probably from the junk I have been eating.  So Tuesday night Jeffrey and I came to a mutual decision.  I am going back on the hypoglycemic diet.  And when I say diet, I don't mean "I need to lose weight so I am going on a diet."  I mean with hypoglycemia there are foods that can and cannot be eaten.  I am going to strictly adhere to that way of eating.  I think everyone ought to anyway. 

Making diet changes is a very slow process for me, with many set backs along the way.  But I figure, as long as I keep moving forward, no matter how small the steps are, it is a good thing.  So, here I am, back to it.

  • No hydrogenated oils (which I mostly have been doing anyway).
  • No refined flour (again, we eat whole wheat and basically nothing else, unless it is homemade.)
  • No processed sugar (and that is the one I have been failing miserably on.)
  • No soda (we don't usually drink soda so not a problem.)
  • No HFCS (and that I added.  Because it is so bad for you.  And I can taste when it is in foods.  They are unnaturally sweet.  So so bad.)
I think that is basically it.  I can't really remember anything else.  I started yesterday.  And of course, that is the day our friend came over and brought a huge bag of gummy bears.  Surprisingly enough, it wasn't too difficult to say no to them.  It could be that I was feeling very yucky and had no appetite, but I am pretty proud of myself.  Conference is going to be a bit of a chore for me because I wanted to have little treats for Keith for listening.  And Easter of course will be a chore, but quite honestly, I hate feeling like this, so I think if I can remember this feeling, I can conquer that cursed sweet tooth. 

Sigh.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Good for you! I try to join you everyday, but I fall off the wagon most days. Ah, if it weren't for the darned cookies!

But, feeling good is worth it, so let's just keep on trying!

Trish said...

I hardly ever eat any wheat at all anymore. No doctor or book told me I should stop eating it. I just thought I'd try to eat other things instead and you know, I really don't miss it! In fact the times when I have gone back to it, I get sick a lot easier and just immediately feel "clogged up" again. I think its the GLUE-TEN in it, lol!