Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Headache

I get headaches.  Bad ones.  If my life isn't completely in balance, I am in pain.  Meaning, if I don't eat right, I hurt.  If I don't get enough sleep, I hurt.  If I don't get enough exercise my legs hurt {RLS.  But that is a different story}.  If I am under stress, my head hurts.  There are so many things that cause headaches, and I have been dealing with one for about a week now.  The funny thing is, it is always for a different reason.  Last week it was hurting because of lack of sleep.  Then when I got caught up it was due to bad foods.  Now, it is still hurting.  The only thing I can figure is because my body is going into sugar detox.  But due to all the water I am drinking, I have no desire to eat sweets.  Awesome.

Also, I am pretty excited about my breakfasts I have been having.  I don't like cow's milk, and so I have been making oatmeal to eat without milk.  Kind of thick sometimes, but what can you do?  I don't want to add sugar to it, because I know if I eat any, I will just start to crave it again, and I don't want that.  So, today I figured out the perfect way to eat it.  While the oats are cooking, I add some cinnamon, mace, and nutmeg.  After I dish it into the bowls, I cut up some bananas to go in, and add some craisins.  Delicious!  I may never go back.  I love it when I figure things out like that and both my mouth and my body are happy.  So awesome.

And so, I am hoping the headache will go away in a few days.  I know it isn't due to dehydration {I have been drinking about 16 cups of water a day.  At least.  I just crave it all the time now}, sugar, refined flour or hydrogenated oils {the things that used to cause the headaches} so I am at a loss.  I may have to do some meditating to figure out what it is my body needs or doesn't want.  But that is the joy of this quest for wellness.  I will be able to read my body a whole let better. 

1 comment:

Trish said...

Way to go! I'm happy for you to figure that out with your breakfast! With the headaches, I can suggest two things...peppermint essential oil (young living is the best kind) and repeating aloud throughout the day, "Even though I have this headache, I completely love and accept myself."
That affirmation is also used in EFT/tapping techniques which if you choose to do, will provide additional help for you. Get on you tube and search for tapping, there might even be some that are specifically for headaches. Do it as often as you require. Good luck!